Sadaqah Jariyah is a form of charity that has endless or ongoing rewards. This form of charity can help many people for extended periods of time and holds a reward for the giver. Sadaqah Jariyah is, arguably, the most rewardable form of charity, as it is voluntary and has ongoing benefits.
“Allah, the Exalted, says, ‘Spend, O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.’” – Prophet Muhammad, upon him, be peace (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).
Sadaqah Jariyah Examples
There are many examples of Sadaqah Jariyah, such as the following:
- Provide a masjid with Qur’ans – you get the reward when others read from it.
- Donate to build a masjid – for every good deed done in it, you get the reward, too.
- Give a wheelchair to a hospital for its patients to use.
- Sponsor an orphan – you can get the reward for their good deeds when they are adults.
- Bring up a righteous child – they can pray for you after you pass away, and through what you taught them, you can gain reward.
- Plant a tree – you can get a reward for anyone who eats from or takes shade under your tree.
- Passing on knowledge of Islam– you can continue this cycle of teaching and passing on knowledge to family, children, or friends to reap the rewards.
Why give Sadaqah Jariyah?
There are endless possibilities of rewards by giving Sadaqah Jariyah. It is a superior form of Sadaqah due to its high and ongoing reward that it holds, and there are many hadiths about giving charity.
Muhammad, upon him be peace, said: “Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth and the servant who forgives, Allah adds to his respect; and the one who shows humility, Allah elevates him in the estimation (of the people).” (Muslim)
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, ‘When a person dies, his deeds come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (a continuous charity), or knowledge from which benefit is gained, or a righteous child who prays for him’. (Muslim)
The Prophet, upon him, be peace, said: “Give charity without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity.” (Al-Tirmidhi)
You Can Give Sadaqah Jariyah with Orphans in Need
There are a number of donation options available that come under the reward of Sadaqah Jariyah. You can donate to help build an orphan village, which will provide several facilities for orphans to keep them safe, healthy and educated.
You can donate to the Global Orphan Care Appeal, which provides orphans and orphanages with clothes, medication, education, heating and other essentials.
The Prophet (PBUH) said, ‘The one who cares for an orphan and myself will be together in Paradise like this’, and he (PBUH) held his two fingers together to illustrate. [Bukhari]
You could also donate to sponsor a widow’s family. For just £750, Orphans in Need can provide a widowed family with food, sanitary products, medication and education fee support.
Your donations to these causes will be in the form of Sadaqah Jariyah, Insha'Allah, given the ongoing positive effects it has on its recipients and those who are helped through your donations. Please donate generously!